My biggest fear about running there was that I would get lost. I was only going to be there for 5 full days so I wanted to get the most of my time there. After our first workday we headed out at a decent time and even though it was dark there were still a LOT of people out. I wasn't concerned at all about the people or anything like that. Just my ability to get back to my hotel. So I changed and off I went!
What better way to explore a new city than to run through it?
I stayed in downtown Vilnius and it was AMAZING.
The hardest part by far was running on the cobblestone roads. COBBLESTONE! So cool.
That's the face of a happy runner!
Definitely goes down as one of the coolest runs I've ever done. It's hard to find words for how cool this was. The air was chilly but it just felt amazing.
Little did I know at the time that this would be the ONLY outside run I was ever going to be able to do. After day one we were at the office most nights until 8pm, then followed with dinner right when we got back. Dinner in Vilnius was a several hour even every single time...
No comments:
Post a Comment