Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Frustrated.

Do you ever buy something that you've spent a lot of time contemplating only to finally take the plunge and then once you get it home to set it up it just doesn't freaking work?!  That's how I feel right now.  I am thoroughly exhausted.  Like literally, downright tired.  It's just one of those "bad days".  I've been contemplating one of those GPS watches you can get that will track and trend your runs.  I guess that's the Type A personality that I have.  I need to know what I'm doing.  The benefit of the treadmill is that it tells me exactly how fast I'm going and how far I've gone and the time.  Calories burned, all that fun stuff. But when you go outside that information isn't spoon fed to you with any degree of accuracy.  I have an iPod Touch, but not an iPhone.  So I can listen to my music with my 10K training app.  It tells me when to run and walk which at least gives me an idea of how far I'm running since I tend to maintain a pretty consistent pace when I'm outside.  Anyway, long story short I went and looked at the watched and they're super expensive.  I don't want to buy the cheapest model I can find only to discover it doesn't work that well because it's the cheap model.  And the other thing is I have the Runkeeper App on my android phone but that leads to me running with the phone in my hand.  Not exactly convenient.  So yesterday after reading some watch reviews and seeing a couple people mention that the watch didn't do anything that their Nike + didn't I figured I would give that a whirl.  I already had the iPod that worked with it.  So off I go to Target and make my purchase.  By the time I got home it was pushing 8:30pm, so I sat down with my dinner and watched me a little Bachelorette.  Next thing I knew it was 10:30pm.  So off I go to the computer thinking I'm gonna drop this thing in my shoe that I don't wear anymore just to get it synced and working.  (this story feels rather disconjointed, I guess I bore people when I talk about it and so I'm trying not to go into too much detail). 



Again .. long story short the stupid thing won't freaking sync.  I try everything.  Next thing I know it's 11:30pm and I'm so tired at this point. And not just tired but seriously pissed off too.  Why can't these things every work the way they're supposed to without all the drama first???  Makes me so mad.  Makes me want to throw things!  I end up searching online to find out if other people have had similar problems.  All systems indicate to try a erase and restore on my iPod.  So that's what I begin as I go to bed.

I get up this morning and of course the screen is stuck at the prompt of "Do you want to restore?"  Umm .. YEAH that's why I clicked the back up and restore button.  Stupid iTunes!  So my computer starts reloading 4000 plus songs on my iPod (that I listen to all day at work and it makes me want to cry thinking that I'll have a "silent" day because of this stupid debacle).  NOT how I want to begin my day for sure.  Oh and not to mention as soon as I step in the shower Baylee opens the basement door and sets of the alarm.  Oliver is crying in his crib.  I just need to shower and I know that she's going to come upstairs and get him out of his crib even though I tell her not to.  Jeramie is gone picking up his mom.  AHHHHHHH!!!  So I get out of the shower dripping wet to turn the stupid alarm off.  Then I get back into the shower again.  These are my mornings friends.

So back to the Nike + .. that doesn't work.  At this point my iPod is now "restoring".  Baylee now wanders over to my computer because she wants to go online and do her reading program.  I tell her DO NOT TOUCH.  It appears she doesn't. However, once I arrive at work half my music is missing off my iPod.  At first I'm thinking great, yet another *thing* that doesn't do what it's supposed to do.  But then I the more I think about it I think Baylee touched my iPod and cancelled the sync.  So I'm stuck with sucky limited music choices for the day.  Oh .. and I called Apple support to help me figure out wtf (not what .. why) my Nike + will not sync with the chip in the shoe.  My iPod is brand new from Christmas.  Guess what folks?  It no longer qualifies for phone support!!  Really?!  Really.  It's what .. six months old.  And I just purchased the Nike + last night.  But that isn't covered for anything because it's a Nike product.  Even though the packaging bears (is that the right spelling?  or is it bares?) the Apple logo.  Doesn't matter.  Not supported.

Ironically enough after messing with it some more, doing the same steps over and over again, all of a sudden the chip has synced with my iPod.  Hmm.  Okay.  Well I guess now we'll see if the fact that it's synced with the iPod means that it will now show up on my computer (because it hasn't done that yet either). If I can't get it to do that then what the freaking point of even having it?!! 

So frustrated.

It's seriously been one of those days.  I'm scheduled to go get my kids pictures taken tonight.  I don't even want to go.  I haven't even chosen outfits for them to wear.  Now I'm thinking maybe I'll call and reschedule.

Moral of the story, I should have been able to pop that chip into my shoe, sync right away and off I go.  But no.  I managed to screw up my iPod and completely ruin my disposition as I fought with it.  Plus I'm exhausted today, I stayed up too late trying unsuccessfully to get it to work.  And now today I'm unbelievably grumpy.  Ha .. and if I'd purchased the extended warranty to get Apple to help me today it would have cost as much as the stupid chip to begin with .. only to find that it magically decided to do it's f-ing job as soon as I hung up the phone with them.  Now that would have seriously pissed me off even more!

Oh and my soup exploded in the microwave a few minutes ago.  Yes, I'm on a lunch break at the moment.
Bad day.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

But think of all the calories you are burning while you are getting so mad :>)