Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Arundel Castle

On our way home from Worthing we stopped at the town of Arundel. For many visits we would ride the train into London for our sightseeing day and always on the way we would see Arundel Castle. Well this was the first time that I had actually been into the town itself (at least as far as I can remember). Well let me tell you it's a really beautiful town. We only stayed for about an hour. We walked down the side of the castle and then stopped after and had "Clotted Cream Tea". What is that you might ask? Well it's a pot of traditional english tea, with a scone and jam and clotted cream. CLOTTED CREAM is DELISH!!!!! So good. It's a good thing that I can't get that here very easily because that would be terrible for my figure. I don't think I could resist the temptation.

This here is the remains of a 13th century Dominican Priory
This is the pretty walkway that runs along the base of the castle.
And there is is!! A real english castle.


Look at that down on the bottom of the menu. "Beans on Toast", so yes Jeramie that is a real meal. He thought it was weird when I served it up for dinner one night!

And there it is the "Clotted Cream Tea".

On our way out of Arundel we stopped at this really pretty Roman Catholic Church.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

The buildings are just gorgeous . . . of course, so is the countryside and landscape! What a beautiful place!